These past few weeks have been very rewarding for me and my blog-writing; I’ve been surprised many times by how much I love blogging and how encouraging the blogging community is. I’ve received such kind and wonderful feedback, I’ve been amazed that people seem to genuinely enjoy my words and pictures, and I’ve recently been nominated for 2 awards, which honestly left me stunned (and thrilled, of course!).
I decided to follow up on both awards in the same post. I’ll cover the awards in the order in which I received them, since I figured that was the fairest way of doing it! 🙂
I imagine some of you may already have received these awards so you may not want to repeat the process, or perhaps you just don’t feel like following up on the award – that’s alright, there’s no obligation!
I am very excited and humbled to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, by Sarah, at Stars and Rainbows. I love reading Sarah‘s blog and look forward to every post she publishes. Lovely photos, inspiring words and touching posts make her blog a true pleasure to read! Thank you, Sarah! 🙂
Each award comes with a set of rules, so here they are for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Add the Versatile Award photo on a blog post
2. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
3. Share 7 things about myself.
4. Pass the award along to 15 favorite bloggers.
5. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Seven things about myself:
1. I love all four seasons and find that each one has something so beautiful to offer.
2. I didn’t have a driver’s license until I was a few months shy of 26, because I just didn’t need it before moving back to the U.S.
3. The 2 dogs I’ve ever had were huskies. I adored them both – the second one is still with my parents, and I miss him terribly!
4. I still have all 4 of my wisdom teeth (for now). Plus 2 extra, apparently. Yes, it would appear that I am very wise.
5. I play the flute. I’ve have played since middle school and I really love it.
6. Although I’m not usually a major video game player, I absolutely love Assassin’s Creed (much to my teenage brother’s delight!).
7. I love Harry Potter. My whole family loves Harry Potter – parents, sister, brother… Read all the books, saw all the movies. Will never tire of rereading and rewatching them!
Well, enough about me, let’s talk about some great bloggers!
15 Fantastic Bloggers:
1. The Hazel Tree: A beautiful way to learn about the British isles through magnificent photography, fascinating history lessons, wildlife ventures and more.
2. 50 Year Project: My challenge to visit 192 countries, read 1,001 books, and watch the top 100 movies (Gorgeous photos, wonderful travel posts, and great book/movie reviews)
3. Life in the Bogs: Visit Robin’s blog to follow along on her daily walks and other adventures. You won’t regret it, believe me.
4. Most Likely to Marry: Learning to fight better, accept more, appreciate daily and stay in love with my husband.
5. Melissa not dusting: Melissa Koski. wild in Michigan. naturalist
6. Stories from a Small Village: Life in rural New Hampshire
7. Quietsolopursuit’s Blog: My adventures in the woods, streams, rivers, fields, and lakes of Michigan
8. Some Summer Sunday: If you need to laugh, this is the place to go.
9. Pearls and Prose: Photography. With some life thrown in.
10. Scottseyephotos: Sharing moments in time… (You want to see his pictures, trust me.)
11. Compelling Photography: Landscapes, seascapes and other photos
12. Uprooted Magnolia: photo journal on life, love, and the spirit of Wyoming.
13. Katie’s Camera Blog: My journey into creative photography and following what my eye sees.
14. garylengyel: Simply gorgeous nature and wildlife photography.
15. A Moment of my Time: My adventures into photography, food and nature.
I am very lucky and honored to have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award. This is very exciting as the blogger who nominated me, Jacqueline at 6 Months to Live, is a fantastic writer with an awesome blog – make sure to stop by! Thank you, Jacqueline! 🙂
And now, onto the award rules!
Liebster Blog Award. The award is given to a blog with less than 200 followers that deserves a little more recognition. There are a few simple rules that go along with the award:
1. Give a shout out to the blogger who nominated you by linking back to their blog.
2. Nominate 5 other blogs with less than 200 followers.
3. Spread the good blog karma.
4. Lastly, don’t forget to add the Liebster blog award image to your post.
5 blogs which are absolutely fantastic and definitely deserve more recognition (in no particular order, because they are all wonderful and unique!).
1. A Single Letter: A single letter was born up the page by the pen, almighty tool of wisdom, and rested blankly. (A very interesting blog with excellently written and thought-provoking posts on many current issues)
2. Emjayandthem’s Blog: One woman’s observations on her way through life. (Wonderful writing that is sure to warm your heart and bring a smile to your face)
3. Littleskew: things I see (amazing artwork)
4. Joleen’s Photos Blog: Lovely wildlife and nature photography, especially tree and plant dwelling creatures (birds, squirrels, butterflies and more!)
5. Do What You Love: Welcome to my perspective on life! This blog is my canvas to share my experiences and feelings while I Do What I Love! (Fantastic photos accompanied by lovely words.)
Stop by these blogs whenever you have a chance, as there are beautiful photos, thought-provoking and heart-warming posts, wonderful artwork and more!