A fellow TCK and expat, with a wonderful blog, Expat Alien, has very kindly nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
The rules are
- Thank the giver, link to the page, and add the award to your site
- Tell 7 things about yourself
- Give the award to 5 bloggers
Thank you, Expat Alien!! Make sure you check out her blog, whether you’re an expat/TCK or not! 🙂
Now onto seven things about myself…
1. I just celebrated my first wedding anniversary a few days ago (it’s been a wonderful year!).
2. I have just had my first ever article (or anything!) published – more to come on that in a separate post.
3. As much as I do like being settled down somewhere, my TCK itchy feet are looking forward to change…whenever and wherever that may be.
4. I love the feeling of excitement of being someplace new, of discovering a different place, even if it’s mingled with a scared feeling of being completely lost.
5. I haven’t really traveled to a new place or gone exploring with my husband in a while, and I think that exacerbates the TCK feeling of needing to change. I’m looking forward to future trips!
6. I just recently started writing a list of things I would like to accomplish or see. I haven’t put a timeline on it yet, so I’m not sure if it’ll be a list of things to do/accomplish throughout my life, or before I’m 30, or while I’m living in the U.S. … I’ll just stick with writing what comes to my mind for now and worry about timelines later!
7. When you’re a TCK, family is more important than ever. They are your support system, your best friends, the only unchanging and unwavering aspect of your life. I’m lucky that I have the best parents, siblings and husband in the world (at least in my opinion!).
The 5 bloggers I would like to pass this award to are:
Make sure to check out their fantastic blogs!